Translate

Monday, March 10, 2014

I'm in paper love blog hop!!

Hello! Welcome to the "I am in paper love bloghop" organized by the amazing team of: Paperphilia & Do What You Love 

My name is Rosie Martinez-Dekker, I am a mexican designer based in The Netherlands, 
I am the co-founder and creative director of Believe Creative Studio a design studio focused in print and patterns for babies,children's and teen's.

You probably are visiting us from: Doreen Marts blog :Doreen Daily Treats

As long as I remember, I have been in love with paper products and decorations. 
From  decorating my homework and notebooks with collages, paper, colors & stickers  to receiving birthday cards from my parents and friends, and later on creating greeting cards my self in high school; which was  a turning point in my life, because thanks of the joy I got doing them, I changed my mind to go to college to study Graphic design instead of Business.

Now  even being a "grown up" I still love and use stickers, colorful notebooks, greeting cards and sending and receiving letters from my friends and family from the other side on the world.The best part of all is that I also get to create art and designs for all this type of products!




I am from Mexico, where the post is almost a myth, and now I currently live in The Netherlands where everything is celebrated by post. There is greeting cards to celebrate every milestone in a person life, from a card to congratulate people when they get their driver license, to say thank you, to celebrate birthday's, new job, new home, pregnancy, retirement, the birth of a new family member, getting a new pet, to wish someone strengh for the lost of a beloved one, and of course to say someone how much you love them.



A huge Dutch tradition is announcing the birth of a new family member by sending a paper card by post, where the details of the new little person are announced but also the name is revealed!! Names of the future newborn are kept into secret until this very last moment, when he or she finally arrive to this world, then parents send beautifully designed announcements to friends, family, co-workers & neighbors.



Christmas time is a big time to send and receive paper cards in The Netherlands, lots of envelopes arrive continuosly during the season to each home  which is really exciting to me!  I decided to kept the ones from previous year to create an alternative  X'mas Tree with repurposed cards.

Notebooks are a huge fascination for me as well, I keep collecting them! 
I have several notebooks in different sizes, colors and all of them with totally different purpuses, and despite all technology available I prefer to have a paper agenda over an online one, I still can not get over the fact of having my biggest pleasures on an electronic device, so I also keep reading real books & magazines, after all the magic of flipping pages or putting ink on a blank page never page will never be substituted with anything.



We still need to consider the environment therefore is important to find second life to those magazines and paper we use, and to buy paper products with FSC paper (which  is a certification that the paper is produced from protected sources) at the end of the day we need to keep our trees alive so we can always read a book,write a love letter or sketch under the shadow of a tree.

I would love to hear from you so get in touch with me & with my desing studio:
Believe Creative Studio
Believe Creative Studio Facebook page  
Twitter



To continue the hop visit  the next designer blog : Tori Mears 

Here are all the participants list ! Do not miss the amazing and inspiring work :


The PaperLove Blog Hop is a celebration of all things paper! Follow the links to discover more bloggers who love paper and use it to inspire and delight. And if you want to explore a whole world of paper, and stretch your paper passion further with a host of creative projects, why not join the innovative new online course PaperLove (starts March 31). Led by book artist Rachel Hazell, PaperLove is a five week creative adventure for paper lovers. Find out more here

Some designs in the images are from different artist around the world, this images are to share their beautiful work and no Copyright infringement is intended.

13 comments:

  1. I so love doing this blog hop. So nice to read about every once love for paper. Thank you for sharing yours.
    /Camilla Olsson - also in the blog hop www.camillaolssonart.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post Rosie - you have a lot of lovely treasure !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way they announce the baby's name by card through the mail. It's so nice to read your blog and your experiences. {*}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are yummy! I still love stickers and I hover in the journal/stationary isles all the time. I really can't get enough patterned papery goodness. And when I get a card in the mail...I am giddy! Thanks so much for sharing! Wonderful post Rosie!
    http://hollyhelgeson.blogspot.com/2014/03/from-story-booksto-comic-stripsto-paper.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosie I love the idea that the baby is announced by card and that is when the name is given to others. I always think of my daughter who was a week old before I could decide on a name for her, my cards would have been late to friends and family in the Netherlands.
    thanks for stopping by my post today.
    MaryJane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you introduced the next blog hopper. That's AWEsome. Thanks for participating in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Rosie!
    Me encanto tu post, y tu blog se ve muy lindo!
    xgiova

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was such a thrill to be a part of this blog hop. I loved sharing my love of paper and the craft of decoupage with everyone. and even more excited to read about everyone else’s. #paperlove #bloghop In the blog hop – http://www.designfivestudio.blogspot.in/2014/03/for-love-of-paper.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to see so many people working with their passion for paper. And it's really no surprise to see the shared love of the notebook!

    'Hello' from a fellow hopper, Julie :-)

    http://notesonpaper.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet. I also live in a country where the post is also a myth, but I brave the odds and send Efutos out to my designer friends... would you like one? Leave me a message niceandfancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comment, I love this blog hop. Thanks for sharing your love of paper, I love your stash of notebooks and cards and stickers :

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message!