Translate

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Global Talent search -Farmers Market Tote bag part2

Hello, welcome to the second part of the behind the scenes of my submission for the Global Talent Search contest. 
Here you can check the part 1 of my post about the creative process, inspiration and painting media.

In this post you will see the texture process which I added to create the illusion of raw hemp fabric, since I though that if I wanted to produce this Tote bag I will prefer doing it in recycled polyester material to create a more resistant & sustainable tote bag and with the possibility of keeping all the hand painted details  of the illustration.

In the image below you can see how the texture was created with colored pencils and carbon pencil, vertical and horizontal lines helped to get the woven effect of the raw hemp fabric. In this stage the my beautiful autumn girl, didn't had a face, this was the very last stage & one of the most important parts of the whole illustration.

©2013 Believe creative studio 

In the image below you can see the tiny detail of the facial expression, the pen there is a 0.1 pen! This for me was the biggest challenge in the process because a little mistake could actually ruin the whole illustration. 
I practiced aside the eyes ,pinky cheeks and heart mouth I usually draw and part of the facial features for my characters. 
I wanted to create a warm ,ethereal expression suitable of the delicacy of her body language. At the end she is a ballerina dancing ballet over a tiny mushroom with a tree in her head.

©2013 Believe creative studio 
This is the picture of when I put pencils, brushes and pens down, the image was finalized and the next step was to move from the drawing table to the computer I planned to add the typography in Adobe Illustrator because I wanted a better definition on the hand written lettering I was going for.

©2013 Believe creative studio 

This is the final image which I used for the assignement:


©2013 Believe creative studio 


I had already hand sketched the lettering I was going for along the phrase I wanted to use. For me the first thing that came to my mind when I thought in a farmers market was "fresh" not only thinking about the products sold there but also the freshness of an open environment, the people relaxed around and even the music I was hearing in my inspiration story thatI had in mind since I started to work in this piece. The whole scene was playing in my head for over 2 weeks until I saw it in the reality of the illustration.
©2013 Believe creative studio 

I wanted to create a coordinate for the illustration that I could use for the tote bag handles, sides, bottom and interior trimming. Since part of my inspiration was the Mexican market I created lines with the brightest colors of the main illustration with a stripes pattern in reference of a Mexican "sarape" fabric.

©2013 Believe creative studio 

I wanted to play with a 3D mock up and I came with the idea to play with a miniature one. So I created the pattern of the tote bag , I printed it and constructed the mock up, then the fun started, I needed to find little nature that simulate what you can get in the market.  Once you start observing you can find the smallest flowers and plants you can imagine with perfect shapes and colors.


©2013 Believe creative studio 

I made 2 sizes of the mock up a tiny one and a super tiny, I just wanted to play around, in the image below you can see them compared with a normal size pen so you can get the complete idea of the scale.
©2013 Believe creative studio
©2013 Believe creative studio

©2013 Believe creative studio 

I added a illustrated image/logo of my self and I submitted my final piece. 
I can not express how much I enjoyed creating this piece, every part of the process was totally me, what I love to do, the way I love to create, and they way I would like not only to create an art piece but also how to incorporate this illustration to a real product, the materials I would use and even what I would like to put in it.

I put lots of work time & effort , lots of love & hope . I did my best and everything that was on my hands to make this piece stand out. Now I leave to faith.

©2013 Believe creative studio   CLICK THE IMAGE TO ZOOM
On September 3rd  the public gallery will be open for public voting, 5 designers will be selected by the jury and 1 more will be selected by the public voted.  The 6 semifinalist will be announced on September 10. Here you can find the schedule.
I am sure you will enjoy the fantastic pieces created for this assignments, there is too much talent around!
I just want to wish the other 49 participants lots of luck because I believe all of us are putting our heart and souls in this contest. 
Stay tuned!, I hope you enjoy the Global Talent search extravaganza in this upcoming days and of course if you like my illustration, I will certainly appreciate your votes and your help to get more of them so I can pass to the final!

Love
Rosie 

6 comments:

  1. Rosie I love your work!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely joyful work - astounding the scale of the mock ups!! I'd seen it in teh MATS course page but hadn't twigged. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabriella! I am gald you like them! was really fun playing with them.
      Happy week!

      Delete
  3. Dear Rosie,

    I was one of the 1500 illustrators that took part in the Global Talent Search. Unfortunately I was not amongst the 50 finalists. I decided to make one vote only, and chose your design. I think your work is incredibly beautiful and appealing. I wish you the best of luck. Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Eva, can not say how grateful I am with you for your kind words and vote, I am very touched for your message.
      I hope you keep trying in the next year contest.
      Keep dreaming and believe in your self.
      Wishing you all the best and thansk again
      Rosie

      Delete

Thanks for your message!