Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2013

A full day of actually doing.... nothing!

After 5 intense weeks of almost full dedication as student of the course "Make art that sells" and  doing lots of projects, going here and there, doing this and that; I realized I wanted and I needed to take a full day off.
Is not that my work requires too much of a physical effort than a mental effort, which is exhausting if you do not stop. I am the kind of person that has lots of things in the mind at the same time, I wake up in the middle of the night solving the color I need to use in my next design, and my creative process origin is in my day to day life, everything I see is a source of inspiration for my design work, meaning I never stop creating. 
I know how does it feel to have a tired body and I know what to do to have some rest, but a tired mind? That is why I decided to take a completely day of doing nothing and even being in complete silence. Even though I am in a very busy working period with several projects running at the time I though by making a full day stop will benefit me more that keep going.
Although I take free time during the day and have a relaxed life style by not  having a strict schedule, my mental work is 24/7, the reason is that my work is also my hobby and my passion, therefore is quite difficult to actually stop.
I found some interesting articles related to this practice and some other healthy habits for creative people  that I wanted to share with you. 
"The No1 Habit of highly creative people" from zen habits
"The power of doing nothing" from Health and wellness magazine

Do you take free time? What activities you enjoy doing that helps to free your mind? 
I hope you do if not, why you do not try to make a pause even if this represents only one full luxurious hour of doing nothing!

Love
Rosie x



My view: a cherry tree branches in my garden.

Enjoyed flipping one of my favorite magazines.
I started coloring a page in the magazine with no official color rules.

Had a nap in my favorite corner in my garden

Contemplated this spot for a long time


Oh joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message!